FastLane Applied Projects Forecasting Cohort: Student Call For Participation
November 8 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- This event has passed.
FastLane Applied Projects is a 4-month paid program that offers an immersive experience for students and recent graduates to enhance their skills in AI and aid small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in their innovation journey. It is designed to provide participants with valuable industry experience and the opportunity to work alongside top-tier AI talent.
- Work on real-world industry challenges outside the academic environment
- Leverage Vector’s unique expertise in delivering AI projects
- Expand your network among key players in the AI ecosystem
When does the project start?
We are seeking candidates that would like to participate in our upcoming Winter Cohort, which will focus on univariate and multivariate Forecasting use cases. Student application submissions will open on November 8, 2023, and end on November 14, 2023. The Winter cohort will officially commence on January 15, 2024.
Who should apply?
- You are a student/recent graduate (within 1 year of graduation, i.e. you are not eligible in this program if you graduated before Jan 15, 2023) of an AI-related program, or a researcher working with Vector Faculty.
- You have skills and experience employing machine learning models in Python. Prior relevant experience is considered an asset.
- You have the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- You’re eager to contribute to the Canadian AI ecosystem.
A full-time position offers $13,900 plus 4% vacation pay, while a part-time position provides $7,600 plus 4% vacation pay, translating to roughly $25 per hour.