Lighthouse: Center of Excellence for Data & Analytics + Intelligent Automation
Why KPMG Lighthouse?
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse — KPMG Canada’s Center of Excellence for Data & Analytics + Intelligent Automation — applies data science to solve real-word business problems and operationalize AI. Join a diverse team which is always curious and learning, thinking independently and working collaboratively, has a passion to solve difficult problems and has fun doing it.
KPMG Lighthouse Toronto has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer, Consultant to join our team! This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
- Thrive on challenges and work best in a fast-paced environment where each day is different
- Work well in a project team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Have a permanent “figure it out” mindset
What you will do:
- Work in terms or individuals to performance ETL (extract, transform and load) of data from a variety of databases, from SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Neo4j, etc.
- Strong experience with large scale and or distributed processing methodologies such as Storm, Spark and many others
- Review data quality and definitions, and perform data cleansing and data management tasks
- Work with the engagement team to translate business and analytics requirements into a data strategy for the engagement including ETL, data model and staging data for analysis
- Architect the data platform for scalability, repeatability and performance
- Develop standards for data processes and automate routine tasks
- Run queries for descriptive analytics and provide formatted result sets
- Proactively contribute to the creation of presentation materials relating to data activities for stakeholder discussions
- Support application testing and production implementation as required
- Bridge the gap between technical platform needs and business issues
- Enable overall solution and full-scope architecture design and build
- Design software architecture following best practices after understanding customer requirements enterprise environments
What you bring to the role:
- Strong experience working in teams to perform ETL (extract, transform and load) of data from a variety of databases from SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Neo4j, etc.
- Independent ability to review the data quality and data definitions, and perform data cleansing and data management tasks
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team to tack unstructured data processing problems across a diverse range of industries
Keys to your success:
- Ability to explain data and analytics concepts to non-technical team members
- Ability to apply data and analytics concepts to business problems
- Ability to understand and explain business value of data and analytics concepts
Time Commitment :May 2019 - August 2019
Cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript, work term report (if available)