Reporting to the Head, Academic Partnerships at the Vector Institute (Vector), the Associate Head, 1000AIMs will be responsible for guiding and coordinating Vector’s contributions to new and enhanced 1000AIMs AI-related master’s programs and graduates. Critically, the individual will create and maintain partnerships with senior stakeholders at universities, noting that the universities – not Vector – will lead on 1000AIMs program and curriculum development and program delivery.
Mandate: To work under the leadership of the Head, Academic Partnerships with Ontario Universities and other key partners to fulfill the commitment to increase the number of artificial intelligence (AI) related master’s graduates in Ontario to 1,000 per year within five years, an initiative referred to as “1000AIMs
Employment Type: Full Time, Regular
- Work with the Head, Academic Partnerships to define the high-level process for the development and delivery of new and enhanced AI-related master’s programs and is a key individual performing important work including:
- Supporting Vector-convened working groups related to the 1000 AIMs program and establishing advisory groups as may be required;
- Co-ordination of 1000AIMs panels of employers and AI experts that assess whether proposed programs will be recognized by Vector;
- Implementing the process through which scholarships will be awarded to students in 1000AIMs master’s programs that are recognized by Vector;
- Co-planning and implementation of Vector-led coordinated internships for 1000AIMs; and
- Obtaining and compiling employer advice on the skills/competencies most needed by Ontario industry and publicly funded health care organizations
- Foster strong external relationships with university partners to enhance the profile of the 1000AIMs programs
- Develop strategies for the creation of a robust network of 1000AIMs alumni.
- As 1000AIMs is a new initiative, take on evolving and/or additional responsibilities as required to promote the success of the 1000AIMs program.
- 1000 AIMs are graduating each year from Ontario Universities by August 2023
- Implementation of a process to facilitate the securing of student internships with industry partners
- Progressive growth and engagement of an Alumni Network
- Robust scholarship program that supports excellence and capacity building in Vector recognized programs
PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Demonstrable experience in partnering with colleges and/or universities to launch new province-wide and school-specific diploma/degree programs.
- Has a graduate degree, ideally in an applied area and/or AI-related.
- Experience in the university sector involving both intra- and inter-university interaction
- Administrative experience relevant to the role and able to mobilize people to achieve desired goals and outcomes
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, well organized and the ability to work independently
- Is excited by the opportunity to contribute in a significant way to the creation of processes and resources to support the 1000AIMs initiative
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a covering letter to the attention of Catherine Kirby at Catherine.Kirby@vectorinstitute.ai by July 19th, 2018
We thank all candidates for considering this opportunity and will be in touch with those applicants whose skills, knowledge, and experience most closely align with what we are looking for in this role.