Employment type: Contract (4 months – projected start date of June 2018)
The Vector Institute is looking for a recent graduate or masters student to join our Operations team as a Junior Business Analyst. The Business Analyst will provide research and analytical support for various technology, operations, and corporate initiatives at Vector to support the organization’s vision and mission.
- Conduct research and analysis for various initiatives pertaining to business operations, I&IT technology deployment, and infrastructure.
- Critically analyze options and provide fact-based rationale to support recommendations.
- Prepare reports and presentations for management and participate on various committees and projects for policy and operational initiatives.
- Assist and support the development of business cases, analysis, and briefing materials to support organizational decision-making.
- Support liaison and interface activities with external consultants and vendors.
Problem solving skills:
- You are able to gather and analyze information from a variety of sources to familiarize yourself with problems and develop recommendations and resolutions to issues.
- You are able to conduct required research to gain information and insights into a new knowledge domain, to identify problems and opportunities.
- You are familiar with basic analytical tools, able to identify trends, and summarize data.
- You can provide financial and quantitative analysis to identify contentious issues and recommend solutions.
Research and Policy skills:
- You can provide research support to multiple concurrent projects and initiatives.
- You are able to identify and analyze policy issues and develop informed recommendations for discussion with senior management and stakeholders.
Oral and written communication skills:
- You have excellent oral and written skills and can prepare various documents e.g., presentations, briefing notes, spreadsheets for multiple audiences with different objectives.
- You can present complex information with related recommendations clearly and concisely.
Interpersonal and Teamwork skills:
- You can establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at various levels with a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, bring a positive energy and outlook to a not for profit corporate culture, and are motivated by continuous learning and the desire to make a difference and a real contribution to the AI ecosystem.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of: Catherine Kirby, Vector Institute at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for considering this opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match the specific qualities being sought for this role.