Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the recruiter is responsible for all components of the recruiting process from working with hiring managers to define and source for the position; screening and communicating with candidates; tracking and reporting on hiring progress; and coordinating the offer/offer acceptance process.
Employment Type: Contract (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
- Create and refresh a compelling Careers Page that attracts and motivates sought after talent for Vector to apply for consideration for roles that open up at Vector.
- Work with hiring managers to develop clear, focused, compelling job postings and hiring/ sourcing strategies that solicit applications from supremely qualified candidates.
- Pro-actively source qualified candidates and review and recommend for consideration by the hiring manager(s), an appropriate subset of screened and qualified applications.
- Conduct screening interviews with candidates identified by the hiring manager for consideration; prepare interview recaps; and recommend next steps.
- Manage the recruiting process, appropriately managing candidate and hiring manager expectations; maintaining open and regular communications; and preparing and managing a hiring progress log and other reporting/documentation as needed.
- Work with the hiring manager(s) to ensure that all steps in the hiring process (i.e. multiple interviews; reference checking; validation of work permits) are completed prior to an offer being generated, and as well with the HR coordinator to prepare, get approvals for, and present offer documentation/offers to candidates.
- Work with Vector staff involved in hiring for Faculty and Student-related roles to ensure that we have visibility around; integrity of process; and consistent and well-documented processes and reporting for hiring.
- Work with the VP Human Resources to provide (time permitting) interviewing training to Vector staff involved in the hiring process and create/manage Vector recruiting processes (including Job Posting Philosophy, Hiring Process Flow, Employee Referrals, Use of Search Firms/Agencies).
- Undertake other recruiting responsibilities as assigned.
- Vector fills all open hiring requisitions on a timely basis with qualified individuals
- Hiring managers and candidates view the hiring process as professional, transparent, and well-managed
- Vector achieves hiring metrics around time-to-hire, source-of-hire, candidate acceptance rate, new hire retention, and other metrics established from time to time
- Applicant, interviewee, and new hire documentation/reporting is accurate, complete and secure.
Profile of Ideal Candidate:
- Individual is a recent graduate from an HR post-grad diploma programme and/or has 1-2 years of recruiting experience hiring for like roles in a technology or related organization.
- Individual is able to handle recruiting for 10-15 roles at a time, in an organized manner, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanour
- Individual has highly effective client and candidate relationship management skills
- Individual is accurate and has highly developed and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Individual is creative and adept at developing winning recruiting strategies
- Individual is passionate about finding and successfully attracting great talent to Vector
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of: Catherine Kirby, Vector Institute at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for considering this opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match the specific qualities being sought for this role.