The term personal information is taken to mean “any information about an identifiable individual”. This may include, as an example, email addresses and contact details and any similar information provided to Vector in the course of its operations, or that Vector may receive from e-mail inquiries.
Information that is aggregated and/or anonymized and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
The Vector Institute understands the importance of protecting personal information. The personal information that you provide to us will be treated with respect, and subject to this policy and as permitted or required by law, will not be collected, used or disclosed without your consent.
We have business procedures and security safeguards in place to protect personal information under our control.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Generally, anyone can visit our website without providing any personal information. On certain pages, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. For instance:
- Inquiries. We may collect your name, contact information, e-mail address and any information you provide us when you make an inquiry or contact us through our website. We will use this information to provide you with the information requested or to contact you in order to answer your questions and/or requests.
- Mailing List. If you subscribe to our mailing list, we collect the email address that you provide. We will use this information to provide you with information about Vector’s activities, such as details about events and courses offered by Vector.
- Registration for events. We may collect your name, contact information, e-mail address and any information you provide us when registering for an event on the Site. We will use this information to register you for the event. We may also use this information to contact you about Vector’s activities, such as other related events and courses offered by Vector.
You may always unsubscribe from the communications that Vector sends to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” at the bottom of any commercial electronic communication we send you.
We may also use personal information about website visitors for internal training and quality assurance purposes; to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of visitors with a view to improving our services, the Site and its quality.
When you visit our website, we may also collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our website, including which browser you used to view our website, your operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, vectorinstitute.ai Page 2 of 3 keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, and information you entered, etc. This data is used to both measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our visitors. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information.
- Google Analytics. This site uses Google Analytics, which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. Information is aggregated and associated with a non-identifiable ID, and as such, cannot be connected directly to an individual. You may optout of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Third party service providers. We may hire service providers to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by Vector to perform work on its behalf e.g., to register individuals for a Vector event or course. We provide them with a limited amount of information that is necessary in order for them to provide the services required e.g., registration for an event may be checked upon admission to the program or venue. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others. Vector will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, Vector may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
Personal Information Outside of Canada
Security of Personal Information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. Vector has implemented security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise authorized or required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
Access and Correction
Vector respects your right to access and correct your personal information to exercise such rights, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
How to Contact Us
Vector may review and update its policies and procedures as required to keep current with rules and regulations, new technologies and standards.