Applications for the Postgraduate Affiliates Program are now closed.
The primary goal of the Vector Institute Postgraduate Affiliates Program is to foster collaboration and contributions among students and researchers with expertise in deep learning as well as machine learning and artificial intelligence more broadly. The program is intended to promote engagement among researchers in the broader AI community.
Program applicants are evaluated and selected by the Vector Postgraduate Affiliates Committee according to the strength of their research contributions and the alignment of their interests with Vector’s vision, mission, and research strengths. Vector Postgraduate Affiliates are appointed for a two-year term and are expected to contribute towards Vector events and activities. They are also eligible to receive a number of benefits in recognition of their participation in the program.
As a Vector Postgraduate Affiliate, you are expected to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Contribute on average 4 hours per month towards Vector activities;
- Participate in Vector activities and events;
- Collaborate with Vector’s industry and health partners; and
- Publicize and promote the Vector Institute by acknowledging affiliation in publications and presentations.
As a Vector Postgraduate Affiliate, you will receive the following:
- Financial award in recognition of your Postgraduate Affiliate status;
- Invitations to exclusive Vector talks, events and activities;
- Access to computing resources;
- Access to office space and desks up to 2 days per week, on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- Opportunity to connect and collaborate with Vector researchers; and
- Acknowledgement of your Postgraduate Affiliate status on the Vector Institute website.
- PhD students and post-doctoral fellows conducting research on novel methods or applications in machine learning.
- Affiliation with an institution in Ontario.
In order to maintain status as a Vector Postgraduate Affiliate, you must continue to meet this eligibility criteria.
Application packages consist of a CV, a couple of questions, and two recommendation letters. Full application packages must be received, inclusive of two recommendation letters, in order to proceed to committee review.
Referees must upload their recommendation letters to this page: https://vectorinstitute.ai/recommendation-letter-upload/
Applications must be submitted by Sunday December 1st, 2019.
Recommendation letters must be submitted by Sunday December 8th, 2019.
For questions about the program or application process email firstname.lastname@example.org.