Vector Institute is proud to announce the 2020 candidates for the Vector Institute Postgraduate Affiliate Program. This year’s cohort adds 22 talented researchers to Vector’s ever-growing research community. Established in 2018, the program promotes engagement and collaboration among researchers in the AI community who are in the early stages of their careers. They join Vector’s vibrant and talented community of over 400 machine learning experts.
Made up of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, members of the 2020 cohort hail from a broad cross-section of Ontario universities and institutions.
New to the Program
1. Andrew Boutros, University of Toronto
2. Mohammadmehdi Ataei, University of Toronto
3. Cunlu Zhou, University of Toronto
4. Diego L Guarin, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
5. Estelle Inack, Perimeter Institute
6. Kevin Ryczko, University of Ottawa
7. Mina Nouredanesh, University of Waterloo
8. Michael Gimelfarb, University of Toronto
9. Shabnam Haghzare, University of Toronto
10. Moojan Ghafurian, University of Waterloo
11. Moritz Munchmeyer, Perimeter Institute
12. Muhammad Asaduzzaman, Queen’s University
13. Noureldin Elmadany, Ryerson University
14. Nafiseh Ghoroghchian, University of Toronto
15. Oliver Limoyo, University of Toronto
16. Rodrigo Alejandro Vargas-Hernandez, University of Toronto
17. Saurabh Shaw, McMaster University
18. Stacey Fisher, University of Toronto
19. Rui Qiao, University of Waterloo
20. Patricia Thaine, University of Toronto
21. Milos Nikolic, University of Toronto
22. Bilal Taha, University of Toronto
In addition to the 22 new Postgraduate Affiliates, Vector welcomes back two of our inaugural members: Mahtab Ahmed from Western University and Omar Boursalie from McMaster University who will continue to work closely with Vector on various projects.
Once again, the response to Vector’s call for applicants was overwhelming, making competition for the limited number of spots fierce. Applicants were evaluated and selected according to the strength of their past research contributions and the alignment of their interests with Vector’s vision, mission, and research.
Congratulations to all!