Opportunity to do work that is challenging, meaningful, and at the forefront of AI.
Vector’s Core Values
- Inspiring – We will lead, excel, and have a positive impact in all we do.
- Collaborative – We foster strong, positive relationships with one another and with our partners and stakeholders.
- Integrity – We act fairly, credibly, and ethically.
- Respectful – We value others and are considerate and responsible for our actions.
- Transparent – We will conduct our business with openness and honesty.
Why Work Here?
People are the key to our success
Our top priority is to foster a rewarding, flexible, and overall amazing work culture that encourages growth, development and achievement amongst a diverse and inclusive team.
We value your work
With highly competitive benefits including an 8% employer-sponsored GRRSP, health and wellness spending accounts, and a generous parental leave top-up, a flexible hybrid work environment, and a culture that encourages collaboration, innovation, and recognition.
Learning is core to our culture
We make strategic investments to give our professionals and researchers the opportunity to learn every day. This means access to continuous learning through research, commercialization talks, events, courses and employee-selected professional development to accelerate their careers.
“Although I’m not directly involved in AI research, I feel like I’m enabling individuals to unlock their full potential.”
“Working alongside such bright and talented people inspires/motivates me to work harder so that I can achieve my goals and make an impact on my community.”
“This company empowers me to provide our team with the necessary tools to accomplish their objectives. Although I’m not directly involved in AI research, I feel like I’m enabling individuals to unlock their full potential. Not only that, but I’m also fortunate to work with a group of exceptional team members who are constantly working towards becoming the best version of themselves. Their drive and dedication are a constant source of inspiration for me. Additionally, having a manager who is always looking for ways to assist me in developing my career and honing my skill set is truly motivating.”
The people – everyone I’ve worked with are friendly, kind, talented and easy-going! It creates an environment where you are comfortable and want to come into work. Working alongside such bright and talented people inspires me to work harder so that I can achieve my goals and make an impact on my community.
Building a more diverse, inclusive community
Our culture is about fostering equity, inclusion and diversity across the AI ecosystem and within our own community – working to build a more diverse, inclusive, and vibrant economic future for Canadians.
The heart of our progress to date, lies in our actions around advancing EDI:
- Vector’s organizational values as outlined above;
- Dedication to hiring diverse talent and ensuring that we treat you with respect and support throughout the process and your time with Vector;
- An employee led EDI committee;
- Our commitment to the 50:30 challenge and;
- Strengthening Canada’s AI ecosystem through Vector-led programming to increase the representation and participation women and members of Black and Indigenous communities.
Our goal is to enable all employees and those in our AI ecosystem to thrive as their exceptional selves and reach their full potential.
Curious for more?
Sure – glad you asked!
We are located at the MaRS Discovery District in downtown Toronto. Vector is home to a dynamic and vibrant community of over 700+ researchers as well as more than 100 professional staff.
With state-of-the-art facilities, resources and talent, the Vector Institute is the place to come, to be and to stay.
In the spirit of reconciliation, the Vector Institute respectfully acknowledges that for thousands of years, the land in which Vector operates on has been the traditional lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and the Wendat peoples. These lands are now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples.