Faculty Affiliates form an integral part of the Vector community
Applications for Vector’s Faculty Affiliate program are currently closed
The Vector Faculty Affiliates Program is intended to expand the research community’s expertise in the areas of AI, computer science, engineering, and other disciplines related to machine learning, as well as strategic domains of application.
Vector Faculty Affiliates are appointed to a two‐year term and have part-time access to resources.
Faculty Affiliates form an integral part of the Vector community, engaged in both research and community activities. Where interests align, Faculty Affiliates can also benefit from interacting with industry sponsors, as well as health and academic partners, through participation in networking events, seminars, training sessions and workshops.
Vector’s areas of research include:
- Computer Vision
- Generative Models
- Healthcare – computational biology, genomics
- Natural Language Processing
- Reinforcement Learning
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Sequential Decision Making
- Security, Privacy & Fairness
- Quantum Computing
- Materials Design & Discovery
What is the selection process?
Promising applicants are considered for affiliation status based on the following criteria:
1. Excellence in research at the highest international level, indicated by high-impact publications and research awards/honours, for example active academic research in ML /DL or innovative use of ML/DL in strategic areas of science, engineering or other applications, such as; computer systems, neuroscience, health, robotics, art, law, and societal impacts of ML.
2. The extent to which the candidate’s research and expertise will strengthen and support the vision and mission of the Vector Institute in addition to the potential engagement with the Vector research community and industry sponsors.
3. Faculty status with an institution in Ontario.
Final selections are made by the President and CEO of the Vector Institute under advisement from a committee of Vector Faculty Members and the Research Director.
Applications for the Vector Faculty Affiliate Program are currently closed.
If you have any questions, please email us