- Memory hierarchy designs
- Computer Architecture
- Hardware acceleration
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Data Compression
Gennady is an Assistant Professor in Computer Science at the University of Toronto where he leads the EcoSystem research group. Prior to joining UofT, Gennady was a Researcher at Microsoft Research. He received his PhD in Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University, his MSc in Computer Science at the University of Toronto, and his BSc in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at Moscow State University. His research focuses on efficient memory hierarchy designs, systems for machine learning, approximate computing, compilers, and hardware acceleration.
- Connaught New Researcher Award.
- NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship.
- Microsoft Research Fellowship.
- First place in ACM SRC (Student Research Competition) at ASPLOS 2015.