Sanja’s main research interests are in semantic visual scene understanding. She is also interested in the interplay between language and vision.
Sanja Fidler is an Assistant Professor at University of Toronto. Prior coming to Toronto, in 2012/2013, she was a Research Assistant Professor at Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago, an academic institute located in the campus of University of Chicago. She did my postdoc with Prof. Sven Dickinson at University of Toronto in 2011/2012. Sanja finished her PhD in 2010 at University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. In 2010, she visited Prof. Trevor Darrell‘s group at UC Berkeley and ICSI. She got her BSc degree in Applied Math at University of Ljubljana.
- Best paper honorable mention at CVPR’17
- Amazon Academic Research Award, 2017
- NVIDIA Pioneer of AI Award, 2016
- Facebook Faculty Award, 2016
- Outstanding reviewer award at ECCV’08, ECCV’12, CVPR’12, CVPR’15
- Professor of the Year, 2014/2015, awarded by the UofT’s Computer Science Student Union
- Best Teaching Assistant, 2007, awarded by University of Ljubljana’s Computer Science Student Union
Research Activity and News
- Best Paper Honorable Mention award at CVPR’17
- BBC: Artificial intelligence creates a Christmas carol